In Brisbane Strikers Academy team-based training, your skills, creativity and decision making will be challenged by an opponent – just as you experience in a match setting.
This approach ensures that you are able to identify, understand and adapt in both attack and defence, regardless of your playing position.
In line with the club philosophy, these exercises are employed universally across all our teams and increase in complexity as you advance through the age groups.
Your team training will consist of:
- Theoretical classes that develop your understanding of the challenges you will face in your sessions and enable cognitive problem-solving.
- Possession exercises used by Europe’s best football clubs that enhance your decision-making, anticipation and skills development.
- Real football exercises that translate your theoretical and possession learnings into common match situations you will face in competitive matches.
- Position specific sessions that develop the unique requirements of your on-field role and make you better than your opponents.
- Unstructured ‘street football style’ sessions based upon South American and Mediterranean football culture that bolster your one-on-one skills and technical creativity.